Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Morning Mist

My marriage had just gone through a real tough time, matter-of-fact, we almost lost it. There are so many differences we must understand and mindsets we must rid of to be able to have a healthy relationship with others.

This day had been real hard emotionally. We had friends coming over in about an hour for a party and I was trying to find a way to relax. I often journal or write creatively in expression of how I feel internally to help me release and relax.

I had been mulling over in my mind about the differences between Eric and I. The differences between the ways we show love. I have been slow in understanding my husbands ways, but they seem to be coming to light in my heart now. As this understanding took place I wrote this…

I hope you enjoy it…

And… He loved me quietly…

I don’t know how to start really...

When I think about him, I think about the morning mist. It comes quietly and without notice. It leaves the same way, but not without leaving its evidence of being there, droplets of life on everything...

Eric, my morning mist…

It took me a long time to realize and appreciate the way he loved me. I wondered why he wasn’t as brilliant as the sun. I was looking for the sun, its directness, its warmth, its burn… As I tripped over this lack of discernment, I found myself finding fault with him. Fault for not loving me the right way. I wanted touches, and cooing words. I wanted outrageous displays of “I adore you”.

If he wasn’t displaying this type of emotion, I wondered if love was actually there. Oh how we deprive ourselves of time and wonderful moments when we can’t see the personality behind the person we love.

As I look back into the life we shared together, I saw that his quiet love was as faithful as the day that was sure to come, as steady as the ocean.

Always there…

And always mine…


 

post signature

0 comments: