Sunday, April 19, 2009

If I Could Whisper I Love You


There was a man that came into my life at a time I needed someone. The beginnings of love began to grow. When tragedy struck my life, he was gone.

I was left with the realization, that he took advantage of me in a time of need. Played his game and left me with a wounded spirit. This poem came from that experience.

In the beginning, as I made an effort to move ahead and heal, I struggled with rejection and worthlessness. I struggled with worthless wishing. I wanted to believe he was true. That I could tell him how much I loved him. Oh how I had wanted what used to be. I wished for it. I agonized over it.

Then, one day…

I realized it hurt less. I thought of him less. I felt a tiny bit human once again.

I know others, men and women alike have loved, have had a great love; have had their hearts broken and played with. I wanted to encourage you, it won’t hurt forever.

If I could Whisper I love you…

If I could tell you how much you meant to me…

I would…

If I could tell you all the times you made me smile…

I would…

If I could show you how you made my heart sing…

I would…

That you made me feel like someone…

I would…

But after you lied, after you left, after you broke me…

I couldn’t…

If I could whisper that I loved you, I would. Now…

I wouldn’t…




post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chickie Chat said...

Hey girl, Your gift is definately writting! You express your feelings from the uttermost depths of your soul. Thanks for sharing with us! Love you- Tammy

Veronica Schultz said...

You are welcome Tammy and thanks for the awesome compliment. It means so much to me to help other people.